1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated pie crusts
2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40 gingersnaps)
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (15-oz. ) can pumpkin
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Pecan Streusel (see recipe below)
7 thin ginger cookies, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
2. Stir together crusted gingersnaps and next 3 ingredients. Press mixture on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of piecrust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 Minutes)
4. Stir together pumpkin and next 6 ingredients until well blended. Pour into prepared pie crust. Place pie on an aluminium foil-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
1 22 ounce can cherry pie filling
1 white cake mix or 1 chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
3/4 cup melted butter
Grease 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour pie filling on the bottom, followed by dry cake mix. Sprinkle nuts on top. Add melted butter. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool before serving. You can also top thi swith ice cream or whipped cream! YUM!
Grandma Tute's Pecan Kisses - Chef Don Bergeron - Original Headliner at The Myrtles & The Lyceum - May 2010
2 egg whites, room temperature
½ tsp. cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
¾ cup sugar
1cup chopped pecans
½ tsp. vanilla
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks. Blend in sugar until well incorporated. Fold in pecans and vanilla. Spoon out onto parchment paper a nice dollop about the size of a walnut. Bake in a preheated 250 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Turn oven off and leave in oven another 30 minutes.